Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Detroit & Boston, United States
Artist at heart, video editor by trade, photographer, aspiring documentary filmmaker, coffee slinger, cat herder, animal lover, US Air Force Iraq War Veteran, humanitarian and funny. A creative soul trying to find my place in this world.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Gifts On The Cheap

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post again. Not writing regularly is a habit I'm desperately trying to break but it always seems there is something. Well, I have been busy with LOTS and LOTS of art things - I just have not kept the blog up to date.

If you have been affected by the economy like many of us then why not create some holidays gifts. In my opinion, I always prefer something from the heart. I've always loved Judaica, Jewish art and Islamic Art. A key characteristic of these art forms is the prohibition of the depiction of any human image. So, I decided to make some Chanukkah gifts this year for some friends.

I started by painting various watercolor washes.

Photobucket

I then cut out some stencils from the watercolor washes and pasted them onto the background of another watercolor wash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I picked out a pretty frame. I picked up some great ones from Home Goods - they have great prices. Or, Michaels always has frames on sale and check online for additional coupons.

Here is one finished one. I have made many this holiday. So far, everyone has liked them.

Photobucket

That's how you make a cheap holiday gift this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment