Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Detroit & Boston, United States
Artist at heart, video editor by trade, photographer, aspiring documentary filmmaker, coffee slinger, cat herder, animal lover, US Air Force Iraq War Veteran, humanitarian and funny. A creative soul trying to find my place in this world.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Antique Photo Effect Tutorial

I've been in love with Photoshop since I first used it in high school in the late 90s. It's just such an amazing piece of software that I don't even need to describe it - it sells itself.

Here is a nifty tutorial I found. It's how to create a vintage looking photograph, frame it, give a glass effect and 'hang' it on the wall.

This antique photo effect tutorial is from Planet Photoshop.

Photobucket

Here is my version. The picture is a photo of my actress friend Sam Durrani. We attended Boston University together. I didn't take the original photograph - just borrowed it for the tutorial. The wallpaper was found at the website Vintage Sheer Elegance. WARNING - I tried to use the homepage of Vintage Sheer Elegance, but it looks like an "adult-friendly" website. That's what happens when you search using Google images.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment