Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Detroit & Boston, United States
Artist at heart, video editor by trade, photographer, aspiring documentary filmmaker, coffee slinger, cat herder, animal lover, US Air Force Iraq War Veteran, humanitarian and funny. A creative soul trying to find my place in this world.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

National Gallery of Victoria

This past weekend I went to the National Gallery of Victoria to see an exhibit European Masters: Städel Museum, 19th-20th Century.

The pieces were from all different schools of painting including the Barbizon School, Les Fauves, Impressionism and Les Nabis to name a few.

I jotted down the names of the paintings that impressed me the most, but I can't find high resolution photos of the majority of them. I'll post the two that I could find.

Photobucket

Village Road in Winter (1870) Gustave Courbet

Photobucket
The Jealous Lioness Paul Meyerheim

This painting was one of my favorites. I bought a print to frame and hang up in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment