Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Detroit & Boston, United States
Artist at heart, video editor by trade, photographer, aspiring documentary filmmaker, coffee slinger, cat herder, animal lover, US Air Force Iraq War Veteran, humanitarian and funny. A creative soul trying to find my place in this world.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk July 24th

I'm surprised I have never heard of this before. I am very familiar with Scott Kelby and own half a dozen of his books for Photoshop and Lightroom. Rather than try to explain who he is I'll just copy a short bio from Wikipedia. Here is the link for the Worldwide Photo Walk.

He is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazine, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group.

Kelby is a photographer, designer, and the award-winning author of more than 40 books, including Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, The Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers, The Photoshop Channels Book, Photoshop Classic Effects, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers, The iPod Book, The Digital Photography Book, and The iPhone Book.

He is the training director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour and conference technical chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo. He is featured in a series of Photoshop training DVDs and has been training Photoshop users since 1993.

In the fall of 2007, he created Kelbytraining.com to bring much of his training material into one easy-to-find location.

In 2008 he started the "Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk". In 2009 this consisted of communal photowalks in 900 cities.


So, I just found out about this but the Melbourne location is booked solid and there is a waiting list. They do have 41 spots left in Geelong (over an hour from here) so I'm thinking I might join there. Besides, I haven't been to Geelong yet and I hear it's beautiful, too.

If you're interested in signing up for the Worldwide Photo Walk - just check out the link and find the city nearest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment